Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Writing Prompt: Labor Day Edition

My morning run took me past the local middle school this morning. I have rarely met anyone who regards those years (age 11 to 14, or thereabouts) as the happiest of their lives. Okay, I've rarely met anyone who thinks all the money in the world would be enough to make them revisit that time.

This may be why the age group is one of the toughest audiences to write for, but that's a conversation for another blog post.

At any rate, the misery and trepidation on those young faces inspired this week's writing prompt:

The Worst Day of My Short Life

No contest for the moment; this is just for fun. But I still promise to read your entries, if you post a link in the comments.

We'll start another contest soon; meanwhile, stay tuned for our summer contest winner's query critique in my next post!


No comments: