Friday, October 26, 2012

Fridaydream: your Sunday project.

I almost never talk about it here, but I am a total nerd about craft stuff-- most recently quilting. I read a lot of quilt blogs, which I recommend for the pretty pretty pictures even if you have no interest whatsoever in making your own quilts.

A blogger I've been reading for a while had a fantastic post last week about "planning for someday," and told  a great, funny story that I don't want to spoil here. Go read the post and come back.

It really struck a chord with me. How about you? What's your Sunday project?

4 comments:

G.M. said...

Thanks for sending us to Sonnet of the Moon's blog. I don't do any of the quilting, sewing (OK, doing a little of sewing to fix clothing and socks) knitting but they do appear in my two novels. I went to the bookstore in my building to the craft section and looked at many books. Not only it's creative, it also relaxing and a wonderful way to give a personal gift to someone. Have a great weekend.

Kara said...

My Sunday project is to try and get to the bottom of the previous weeks' to-do list! I am not creative in an artsy way, though I really wish I were. And sometimes I like to pretend I am and mess around with some clay projects. Maybe if I see the end of the to-do list, I'll do a little of that...

Kaye Draper said...

My Sunday project is two parts:

1) My daughter. It's easy to get caught up in all of the to-do's, but the post linked above mentioned leaving her quilts behind when she was gone. I think the single most important impact I'll ever leave on the world is the amazing person I've been given the responsibility for shaping and caring for. (Tearing up a bit:)

2) Of course writing! I have to get those ideas out into the world. I'm the only one who can do that. I mean- me and about a million other writers, but my ideas are mine alone and that is amazing.

Sonja Foust said...

I've been thinking about "someday" projects lately, too, and I'm working on a Big Project to take care of all those little someday (soon-to-be "Sunday") projects. :) That was a great post! Thanks for sharing it!